Wednesday 20 June 2012

My Stand at The Contemporary Craft Fair









After setting off from home at an early start of 5am on the Thursday morning I arrived at Bovey just before 10am to set up. By 3pm I was still attaching butterflies to the wall, leaving only an hour  to put the work out on display! It was worth it though as I received an award for the ‘best stand’ which was an honour especially as there was so many fantastic stands and amazing makers. It means I get a free stand next year, so will definitely be back to Bovey in 2013.
Despite the British weather it was a great show and the rain didn’t halter the Devon folk from visiting the show in their droves, the amount of people really did surprise me. My work was very well received and sales were good. It was a really fun and friendly show to take part in and fantastically organised by Sarah James and Nina Fox (thank you both). I am really pleased that I will be taking part again next year.

Here are some pics of new work taken to the show;












1 comment:

  1. They're gorgeous Sarah, and you definitely deserved best stand prize too!

    ReplyDelete